No text seen unless...

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

No text seen unless...

Postby ipbr21054 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:20 am

Using version 5.5.0
I have added a new event etc but nothing shown on the calendar ???
The only way i can get it visible is by doing the following.
Select view calender items from taskbar.
Remove tick from my calenader and then put tick in box again.
My new event is now shown.

BUT
When the programme is shutdown and restarted etc same again new event has dissapeared ? i then need to remove tick etc.
I have had a look through the settings etc but cant see anything that might make this happen as this cant be correct.

Any help or advice would be nice
Thanks
ipbr21054

Re: No text seen unless...

Postby VueSoft » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:31 am

Thanks for letting me know about the problem. This is not something that was seen in testing prior to release, but it definitely sounds like a bug. It's probably related to the event filtering changes that went into 5.5.0. Based on what you describe, it sounds like a filter is being incorrectly applied, resulting in the event not appearing when it should.

A beta is in work and will be available later today. Would you be available to try the beta version, and let me know if it fixes the behavior you're seeing? Like I said, this is not something I'm seeing, so I'm not sure if the changes made in the beta will actually fix it, although I think they should.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby ipbr21054 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:42 am

yes i will try it.
Will you email me or reply to this thread when it is available.
Do i just install it once downloaded and will it overwrite this current version i am usiong,also all the events i have added to the calendar will they still be put onto the new beta version or will i have to add them all again.
ipbr21054

Postby gjbth » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:22 pm

I've been using version 5.5 constantly, in my work, and I have not seen this behaviour either.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby ipbr21054 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:06 pm

I have run the setup again and selected repair.
Once finished the problem is still there.
Nothing is shown on the calendar page which consists of 31 days but in the bottom right hand corner it shows my name followed by calendar 10 events
Does this help at all.
Take a look at the screen shot.

http://www.parsonswebspace.pwp.blueyond ... y/1080.jpg
ipbr21054

Postby ipbr21054 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:35 pm

I have been looking at the changes etc that can be made from the drop down tabs at the top of the screen.
I have noticed that you can add bank holidays etc.
I decided to add the english list.
Once added the list to the calendar up popped all my events.
I have cloced the programme & restarted the pc and upon starting the calendar again they are still there.
I now see all my events but you may want to experiment with thos or look at it.
I will continue to use it and report back should it vanish again.
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Thanks for the screenshot. I hadn't realized you were using the Lite version. I did some more testing with the Lite version and was eventually able to get it into a state where events wouldn't display when they should. The Pro version doesn't have this problem, so I compared the 5.5.0 changes in Lite with the ones made for Pro, and was able to track down the culprit by looking at the differences.

A new release (5.5.1) will be officially coming out later today. In the meantime, here's a link to download the release candidate of the Lite version. I also included a link to download the release candidate of the Pro version, in case you'd like to see all the features you're missing. ;)

Lite: http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMinder_Lite_Setup_5.5.1.exe
Pro: http://www.vueminder.com/download/VueMinder_Pro_Setup_5.5.1.exe

There are a number of other corrections and improvements as well. Complete release notes will be coming out shortly.

To install either of these, first exit VueMinder Calendar by right-clicking the icon in the task tray and selecting 'Exit'. Then, download and run the executable to update your installation. All your previous data will remain present when the new version runs.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:51 pm

Take my advice, go for the Pro version. Its worth every penny. :D :D :D

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby ipbr21054 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:21 pm

I have installed the lite version from the link shown above and will see how we get on.
I have just been made redundant so using the lite is ok for me at the moment.
If i were to install the pro version from the link above is there a limited time period on it i mean if when using the pro decide that the lite is good enough for me would i need to reinstall the lite all over again once the pro has ended the trial period if you know what i mean.
ipbr21054

Postby VueSoft » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:40 pm

Version 5.5.1 is officially released now. If you notice any problems with events not appearing when they should, please let me know.

Regarding the upgrade to Pro, the way it works is there's a 30 day trial period. This period can be extended by request, until you're confident the Pro version is worth the investment. If you decide not to purchase, it's a simple matter of uninstalling the Pro version and installing the Lite version. Uninstalling does not remove your data, so any events created while using the Pro trial will still be present when returning to the Lite version.

In any case, I respect your decision not to try the Pro version, but wanted to clarify for any other people reading this thread that it's entirely risk free to try the upgrade. You won't lose any data, and the 30-day thing isn't set in stone.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Next

Return to Technical Support