Trouble adding an Event

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Trouble adding an Event

Postby morleysfan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:17 pm

Just today when I tried to add an event to a blank date in November, I got a message stating that the event was part of a subscribed calendar and all I could do was add a reminder. There is no event on that date. I closed the calendar and tried again. Same thing. I tried another date with the same result.
morleysfan

Re: Trouble adding an Event

Postby VueSoft » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:03 pm

Hi morleysfan. It sounds like you have a subscribed calendar as the active calendar in your Calendar List. You can tell if a calendar is subscribed by looking at its icon in the Calendar List. If it has a downward pointing orange arrow, it's subscribed. If it has a green arrow, it's active. Try clicking a different calendar, or creating a new one, before you create a new event. The event will default to belonging to whatever calendar is active, and if the active calendar is not subscribed you won't get a warning message. You can also change the assigned calendar by selecting from the drop-down list in the Event Editor window.

We've improved this for the next release, so if a subscribed calendar is active when a new event is created, the event will default to belonging to a non-subscribed calendar and this warning message will never appear.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby morleysfan » Thu Oct 29, 2009 6:43 pm

Thank you, Dan. That worked perfectly. I just did not realize what those arrows meant. Thanks again.
morleysfan

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:52 am

Version 5.5.0 has been released. This version improves creating a new event, so if a subscribed (i.e., read-only) calendar is active when a new event is created, the event will default to belonging to the first non-susbcribed calendar. This warning message should no longer appear, except under rare cases.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support