HELP Lost all data when I accepted an invite

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

HELP Lost all data when I accepted an invite

Postby Sher » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:25 pm

I opened an invite from a known source in an email. I accepted the invite and it wiped out my entire calendar. Can I get all my data back? This is TERRIBLE I'm really in a jam.

Thanks
Sher
Sher

Re: HELP Lost all data when I accepted an invite

Postby VueSoft » Thu Oct 29, 2009 5:56 pm

Hi Sher. I'm sorry to hear about your data being lost. I'm not sure what could have caused this. Importing appointments should not automatically delete existing ones. Could you forward me the invitation, so I can try importing it and see if I can replicate the behavior?

Regarding your lost events, you might be able to recover them using the following steps:

1. Go to the Program Options window and make a note of the Program Data location.

2. Use Windows Explorer to navigate to that folder. It may be hidden, so enable display of hidden folders first if needed.

3. You'll see some files named "CalendarInfo1.backup" and "CalendarInfo2.backup". It's possible if you haven't closed and restarted VueMinder more than a couple times since the data loss, that you can restore your previous data from one of those backup files.

4. Make a copy of the LARGER of the two files, and then exit out of VueMinder. Next, delete "CalendarInfo.bin" and rename the backup copy you made to "CalendarInfo.bin".

5. Restart VueMinder. With any luck, your previous events will be restored from the backup.

I'll look into what could have caused your events to be lost. If you can send me that invitation, I think that will help.

Also, there is a daily backup feature that can be enabled to automatically backup your data at a certain time of day. I'd highly recommend enabling this feature. You can do so by selecting the "Backup or Restore Data" command from the File menu.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: HELP Lost all data when I accepted an invite

Postby Sher » Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:38 am

Dan

Thank you so much... with your instructions I was able to retrieve the backup and all my data is restored! I sent you a copy of the invite so you can see what might have happened.

Great customer support! :D

Thanks again
Sher
Sher

Return to Technical Support