New Hot Key in Recent Update

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

New Hot Key in Recent Update

Postby HarshMelon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi! Great update, btw :)

One question, though. Is there a way to disable the new global hotkey of Ctrl+Shift+V? I'm currently using that combination for something else. Imagine my surprise just now when my calendar popped open without warning!

Thanks!
HarshMelon

Re: New Hot Key in Recent Update

Postby gjbth » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:54 am

Or maybe go one step further and allow the user to customise this and all other hotkey settings, to any combination they like.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:14 am

There's currently no way to customize or disable this, but I'll work on improving that for the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:07 am

Version 5.3.0 adds a new option under the Program Options window to customize the global hotkey.

To customize all the other hotkeys, right-click a toolbar and select the "Customize..." command. A toolbar customization window will appear, where you can define your own toolbars or modify the existing ones. If you want to just change the hotkeys, click the "Keyboard" button. A "Customize Keyboard" window will appear, listing every menu command that exists in the program. The commands are categorized for easier browsing.

To change an existing hotkey, or assign a hotkey to a command that doesn't already have one, click the command, and then select a shortcut from the drop-down list. If the hotkey is already assigned to a different command, you'll see this indicated. You can literally assign a hotkey to every single command present in the program, if you really like hotkeys!

Note, all hotkey assignments will be applied after the toolbar customization window is closed, except for the global hotkey to view the main window. If you change this hotkey through the toolbar customization window instead of the Program Options window, you'll need to restart the program for the change to take effect.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support