Outlook not detected

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Outlook not detected

Postby mwb1100 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:38 pm

I'm running a trial of VueMinder 5.1.1 and would like it to auto-sync with my Outlook calendar. However, when I try to import my Outlook calendar VueMinder become unresponsive about 30 seconds then displays the Import dialog with a message that says:

Microsoft Outlook could not be detected. Ensure Outlook is fully installed and configured on this computer.

I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit and Outlook 2007 SP2.

What kind of troubleshooting should I do to get the Outlook installation recognized?

PS: when searching the forum using the keyword "outlook" or "import" I got a message saying those terms were too common so no results would be displayed - I think something needs to be reconfigured on the forum installation so useful terms like those don't get 'blacklisted'.
mwb1100

Re: Outlook not detected

Postby VueSoft » Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:07 pm

The problem you describe can sometimes occur if Outlook is running before VueMinder Calendar is started. Try fully exiting VueMinder Calendar (via the Exit command from the task tray icon) and close Outlook. Also, go to the Task Manager and make sure there isn't any process named "outlook.exe" running. If the process exists, end it via the "End Process" button. Then, start VueMinder with Outlook not running. If it still doesn't work, try a reboot. Does that help?

I'll see if there's a way to improve this. I'll also look into fixing the forum search. Thanks for letting me know.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: Outlook not detected

Postby mwb1100 » Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Thanks. Closing both programs and restarting VueMinder did the trick.
mwb1100

Return to Technical Support