Selecting multiple items in lists, i.e. tasks, events, notes

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Selecting multiple items in lists, i.e. tasks, events, notes

Postby GreatLakes » Wed May 01, 2013 6:42 pm

Hi Dan,

Is there a way to select multiple items in task lists, event lists, notes and contacts. I know that I can select contiguous items in a list to perform other operations, but is there a way to select and retain non-contiguous items for performing other operations such as quick print, etc.?

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Re: Selecting multiple items in lists, i.e. tasks, events, n

Postby Zebo777 » Wed May 01, 2013 7:11 pm

Try Ctrl+Left Click.
Zebo777

Postby GreatLakes » Wed May 01, 2013 7:21 pm

Thanks. That works. I looked in documentation first and couldn't find it.
GreatLakes

Postby GreatLakes » Wed May 01, 2013 7:29 pm

I originally looked in documentation for this technique in keyboard shortcuts and didn't see either this technique or the shift left mouse click for contiguous selection. Maybe entries in keyboard shortcuts for these two would help, although these might be standard Windows conventions.

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Postby GreatLakes » Wed May 01, 2013 7:53 pm

I selected multiple items in events and then did quick print and completion of selected items. I believe these seemed to work fine. When I went to tasks especially, then quick print and completion did not seem to operate in the same way as events.

I didn't check yet on notes or contacts, but I would expect that the selection tagging would allow multiple operation on selected items similar to how it works in events. no matter which list.

Thank again for your quick responses.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Wed May 01, 2013 10:36 pm

Maybe entries in keyboard shortcuts for these two would help, although these might be standard Windows conventions.

The Ctrl+click convention to select multiple items is a standard Windows convention. It's not really a keyboard shortcut for a menu command. In any case, the section titled "Selecting Rows" in the Event List documentation explains how to select multiple rows. The first paragraph of that section explains how the Ctrl key works. Sorry I didn't make it more clear.
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... tlist.html

When I went to tasks especially, then quick print and completion did not seem to operate in the same way as events.

I'll fix this in the next version.

I didn't check yet on notes or contacts, but I would expect that the selection tagging would allow multiple operation on selected items similar to how it works in events. no matter which list.

The Contact and Note lists handle multi-selection context menu commands the same as the Event List. As far as I can tell, the problem is limited to the Task List. I'll post a reply when this is fixed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby GreatLakes » Wed May 01, 2013 11:04 pm

Thanks. As always your support is superb. No other program comes close in this regard.
GreatLakes

Postby GreatLakes » Thu May 02, 2013 12:03 am

I looked in documentation as you suggested for selecting rows in the event list. When you select multiple rows, then the status bar at the bottom shows number of items selected and combined time.
I noticed that when multiple rows are selected in tasks, the status bar does not show rows selected. Would it be possible to at least have status bar show number of rows selected in the task list, contact list, note list. Combined time in task list is not as important.

Thanks.
GreatLakes

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Thank you for the suggestion. I've added this to my to-do list.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby VueSoft » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:29 am

The Contact and Note lists handle multi-selection context menu commands the same as the Event List. As far as I can tell, the problem is limited to the Task List. I'll post a reply when this is fixed.

This problem has been corrected in version 2016.08.

I noticed that when multiple rows are selected in tasks, the status bar does not show rows selected. Would it be possible to at least have status bar show number of rows selected in the task list, contact list, note list.

Version 2016.08 adds a status bar at the bottom of the Task, Note, and Contact Lists to show how many items (when more than 1) have been selected.

To update, click the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support