event descriptions in tooltips (calendar view)

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

event descriptions in tooltips (calendar view)

Postby gjbth » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:28 am

Create an event with a link to a file embedded in the description text, or just some text formatted bold.

When you mouse over the event in the calendar view the tooltip displays the description text as expected. Then without passing over another event move the mouse to any blank area of the calendar and the same event tooltip will pop up again.

This happens to any event where the description text contains any HTML code, not just a link to a file.

Best regards

gjbth
gjbth

Re: event descriptions in tooltips (calendar view)

Postby VueSoft » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:35 pm

Thanks for letting me know about the problem. This is a weird one, and I'm not seeing it on my test computers, with or without descriptions containing formatted (HTML) text. I'll check the code to see if there's anything there that would cause the tooltip to re-appear. At this point, I have no idea why it would be behaving like that.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:41 pm

It only reappears if you move to a clear area of calendar and DO NOT pass the mouse cursor over another event.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:50 pm

On my computer, the tooltip disappears as soon as the cursor moves off the event, including when moving to an empty area of the calendar. I'm not sure why it would be different on your computer, but I'll keep looking.

There's a Calendar Option to not include descriptions in event tooltips. Could you try unchecking that, and see if it makes any difference?
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:24 am

If I disable the description tooltip feature, I still get a small empty grey 'bubble' displayed.

More info if its any help.

The duplicate description tooltip only appears once after moving to a blank area, if I move again to another blank area it does not appear again.

something must be wrong on my system if this is not happening on your system, also I have the sliding date tooltip problem and no one else seems experience this. Could I have a corrupted system file or something similar

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:34 pm

I started seeing the tooltop behavior after switching to a different appearance theme. For some reason, I wasn't seeing it before that, but afterwards it behaved as you describe.

Regardless, I've found what was causing the tooltip to reappear, and a correction has been made for the next release!
:ugeek:

I still have no idea about the sliding month tooltip when scrolling. I think it might have something to do with running on multiple monitors, but I'm not sure.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:26 am

I did try all the themes and found it had no effect. Anyway pleased you found it :D

I have an older version of Intuit Quickbooks on my system which uses what seems to be the same date tooltip when scrolling through calendars etc, and stays put when scrolling.

There must be something on my system which interferes with its operation in Vueminder.
gjbth

Return to Technical Support