All day events in day & week views

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

All day events in day & week views

Postby gjbth » Sun Aug 02, 2009 1:00 am

Dan,

If you mark an event as 'all day' so that it displays at the top of the calendar in day and week views. Then set that event to have white text and a dark background.

If you now click on the event it shows totally blank, the white text is blanked by the selection box. This does not happen if the event is not marked as 'all day' and is displayed in the main calendar area.

Could this be corrected or should I not assign events with white text.

Best Regards

gjbth
gjbth

Re: All day events in day & week views

Postby VueSoft » Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:45 pm

I'm aware of this, and it's something I've tried to correct, but have been unable to. The problem is in the 3rd party (Infragistics) control that is being used for the Day and Week views. Instead of honoring the appearance settings of the all-day events and using their specified gradient colors, it's always setting the first gradient color to white. It's ignoring both the appearance theme, which is telling it not to do this, and the event appearance settings. It only does this when an all-day event is selected in the Day or Week views. As far as I can tell, there's no way to override this behavior to use the specified event appearance, like it does for non all-day events. It's something Infragistics will need to fix.

To workaround this problem while we wait for Infragistics to fix it, try setting the second background color to something darker if you're using white text. That should cause the gradient with white to be a little darker, and your white text will be more visible.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby gjbth » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:01 am

Thanks I'll try that.
gjbth

Postby VueSoft » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:12 am

This has been corrected in version 5.5.0. All day events will now appear correctly when selected in the Day and Week views!
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support