No test email

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

No test email

Postby Terry McCarty » Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:47 pm

I have entered my entered my email information into email settings, and insured that my email address and password are correct. When I attempt to send a test email, it will not send the test email. I comes back with an error. What am I doing wrong? I even tried to re-boot thinking that it may not catch up to the program until after it reboots. Please help.
Terry McCarty

Re: No test email

Postby VueSoft » Wed Nov 14, 2018 4:58 pm

Hi Terry, if you want to use your Google Mail account, the SMTP server needs to be smtp.gmail.com, port 465, and Use SSL should be checked.

Also, you might need to enable access from “less secure apps” before VueMinder can send email through your Google Mail account. This is a bit of a misnomer. VueMinder connects securely, using TLS/SSL encryption. You can enable access on the page linked below:
https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

If you still get an error, it’s possible your firewall or antivirus software is interfering with VueMinder’s ability to send email. Try adding an exception for VueMinder to see if that fixes it.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Yoshi8765 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 8:27 pm

Hi Dan,
I have a similar issue with this as well.
I have the right smtp settings and the right password, but when I try to send a test email I get "Authentication Failed."
I'm not able to enable less secure app access, as this is a google suite email in my work, and they mandate 2-factor authetication for the account.

Any suggestion?
Yoshi8765

Postby VueSoft » Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:24 pm

Sorry, can't be done through Google Mail if 2-factor authentication is required. You could sign up for an email account from a different provider, such as Yahoo, Outlook.com, etc. Use that other account for configuring VueMinder to send email, and then edit that account's settings to auto-forward to your Google email address.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby Yoshi8765 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:21 am

That's unfortunate. :( I don't feel ok doing that since it is sensitive work info. That's ok, I'll just access Google calendar directly!
Yoshi8765

Return to Technical Support