Changed behavior in Event window

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Changed behavior in Event window

Postby enigmatic_user » Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:40 am

Hi,

until recently, when I added an event to the calendar, the Reminder tab was shown. Now it's the Description tab. I'm not totally sure, but I think this happened after the last update to VueMinder Pro 2018.01.

Another issue showed up at the same time: By default, I'm setting a desktop alert to show up 0 minutes "before" the event. This setting is still there, but in the row below ("At specified datetime"), the time is set 15 minutes earlier. So if the start time is e.g. 10.00 h, the field "Before event start" shows "0 minutes", and the field "At specified datetime" is set to 09:45 h.

Choosing "0 minutes" again from the select field doesn't change anything; only when I choose another setting (e.g. "1 minute") and then switch back to "0 minutes", the specified time is correct.

I already tried to set everything to the correct values with the Reminder tab open before saving the settings as default again, but that doesn't change anything. The problem occurs independent of the chosen calendar and also after switching to another calendar using its default settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
Press any key to continue, or any other key to cancel.
enigmatic_user

Re: Changed behavior in Event window

Postby VueSoft » Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:53 pm

until recently, when I added an event to the calendar, the Reminder tab was shown. Now it's the Description tab. I'm not totally sure, but I think this happened after the last update to VueMinder Pro 2018.01.

This behavior was changed in version 2018.01. Feedback I received from other users indicated defaulting to the Reminders tab was not useful and they wanted the Description tab to always be the default.
http://vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/view ... 8798#p8798

Another issue showed up at the same time: By default, I'm setting a desktop alert to show up 0 minutes "before" the event. This setting is still there, but in the row below ("At specified datetime"), the time is set 15 minutes earlier. So if the start time is e.g. 10.00 h, the field "Before event start" shows "0 minutes", and the field "At specified datetime" is set to 09:45 h.

I'll fix this in the next release.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby enigmatic_user » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:16 am

VueSoft wrote:This behavior was changed in version 2018.01. Feedback I received from other users indicated defaulting to the Reminders tab was not useful and they wanted the Description tab to always be the default.
http://vueminder.com/forums/phpBB3/view ... 8798#p8798

Okay, so now it's one click less for programcsharp and one click more for me. ;) It would be great if this could be made configurable then, with the default showing the Description tab.

I'll fix this in the next release.

Great, thank you very much!
enigmatic_user

Postby VueSoft » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:59 pm

Okay, so now it's one click less for programcsharp and one click more for me. ;) It would be great if this could be made configurable then, with the default showing the Description tab.

I've added this to my to-do list and I'll post a reply when it's completed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby enigmatic_user » Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:07 pm

VueSoft wrote:I've added this to my to-do list and I'll post a reply when it's completed.

I'm looking forward to it, thank you! :)
enigmatic_user

Postby VueSoft » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:47 pm

This problem has been corrected in version 2018.02.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby enigmatic_user » Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:16 am

VueSoft wrote:This problem has been corrected in version 2018.02.

I'm sorry to say this, but the problem persists. I just installed version 2018.02, and when I create a new calendar event, e. g. for 10:00 am, the start time is correct, but although the desktop reminder is set to 0 minutes before the event, the reminder time is shown as 9:45 am in the next row. When saving the event, the reminder time seems to be set to 10:00 am instead (it's shown in the "tooltip" and the preview at the left), so this might be a cosmetic problem, but a disturbing one... Even more disturbing is the fact that when I reopen the event, the reminder time is shown as 9:45 am again. So I guess I'd have to test it in order to make sure which displayed time is the correct one...

It would be great if you could fix this in the near future. :)
enigmatic_user

Postby VueSoft » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:05 pm

Looks like I fixed it when a default popup reminder is configured for 0 minutes before the event, but this correction didn't get applied to the default desktop alert. I'll fix this in the next release. FYI, it's a visual glitch only. The desktop alert will appear when scheduled, not 15 minutes before.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby enigmatic_user » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:11 am

VueSoft wrote:FYI, it's a visual glitch only. The desktop alert will appear when scheduled, not 15 minutes before.

Thanks for the information / confirmation! :)
enigmatic_user

Return to Technical Support