Ultimate USB

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Ultimate USB

Postby pimuser » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:45 am

Hi.

I am trialing VueMinder Ultimate.

I am wondering what benefits exist in choosing the standard Ultimate versus the Ultimate USB. Is it only that some users prefer the more familiar Windows style installation wizard? To me (humbly, an advanced computer user), I think I would prefer the Ultimate USB version for its tidiness of keeping everything together in one place even though I would be installing it "permanently" on the internal hard drive of just one PC. Am I missing anything? Is there any reason not to do this?

Secondly, I could not find any way to download the Ultimate USB for trial. Can you point me to it?

Thanks!
Jim (pimuser)
pimuser

Re: Ultimate USB

Postby VueSoft » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:50 pm

Hi Jim, welcome to the forums. Unfortunately, there’s no trial version for the USB version. However, the USB version is functionally identical to the non-USB trial version, which can be downloaded on the page linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/Download.aspx

The advantage to using the USB version is that it doesn’t need to be installed. It can run directly from a USB stick, network folder, or cloud drive. All data is saved in the same location as the USB version. The USB version doesn't change any of the Windows registry entries or settings on the host computer. All other features are the same as the trial version.

Thank you for trying VueMinder. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby pimuser » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:01 am

So why have a non-USB version at all?
pimuser

Postby pimuser » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:16 am

Also, suppose I continue to trial the non-USB ViewMinder Ultimate, configuring and tweaking it along the way to meet my very specific needs. Then if I purchase the USB version, will EVERYTHING - all data and all configuration - easily and automatically move to it?

Thanks!
Jim
pimuser

Postby VueSoft » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:11 pm

So why have a non-USB version at all?

Some people prefer to install VueMinder like a normal Windows application. When deploying VueMInder to multiple computers in a corporate setting, it's easier to do when a traditional installer is used. Also, Microsoft has rules which must be followed when it comes to Windows certification, which means providing a traditional installer.

Also, suppose I continue to trial the non-USB ViewMinder Ultimate, configuring and tweaking it along the way to meet my very specific needs. Then if I purchase the USB version, will EVERYTHING - all data and all configuration - easily and automatically move to it?

Yes, you can use the "File -> Transfer Data to VueMinder USB" menu command to transfer the data from the trial version to the USB version. See the page linked below for more details:
http://www.vueminder.com/products/vuemi ... rdata.html
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support