lost mysql password:(

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

lost mysql password:(

Postby lustigs » Wed May 17, 2017 1:22 pm

any way to reset or do i need to uninstall and reinstall mysql and vueminder? If so what steps should I take.
thanks
mike
lustigs

Re: lost mysql password:(

Postby lustigs » Wed May 17, 2017 3:05 pm

i have a computer that won't connect to server.
lustigs

Postby VueSoft » Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi lustigs, are you able to connect using MySQL Workbench and the root account? If you previously connected to MySQL Workbench and checked the "Save password in vault" box on the connection window, then you might be able to connect again without having to remember the password.

If you're able to connect to MySQL Workbench, you can reset your password on the "Users and Privileges" page. After resetting the password, open the Sharing Options in VueMinder and enter the new password.

If you can't reset the password, the only other option would be to reinstall MySQL Server and re-configure VueMinder to share calendars. You can uninstall MySQL Server via the "Uninstall a program" area of the Control Panel. Make sure to exit VueMinder before uninstalling MySQL Server. After uninstalling, you can re-install by following the instructions linked below:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby lustigs » Thu May 18, 2017 7:08 am

on server computer-got into workbench and changed other user password.
on server computer-can login to other user calendar fine.
on other user computer still can't login to server, don't see a way to login to any other calendars.
lustigs

Postby lustigs » Thu May 18, 2017 7:50 am

should I uninstall on other computer and reinstall; just weird server and 2 computers are fine, others are not.
lustigs

Postby VueSoft » Thu May 18, 2017 11:40 pm

Hi lustigs, it sounds like you have an issue with your network connection. It's probably a firewall on your server computer which is blocking TCP/IP connections on port 3306 from other computers. Please see the page linked below for instructions:
http://www.vueminder.com/sharing.php#troubleshooting

Also, in MySQL Workbench, make sure the user account "Limit to Hosts Matching" value is set to "%", so the user account can connect from any computer (on your local network), not just from the computer where MySQL Server was installed.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support