Contact & Contact group not syncing on intranet

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

Contact & Contact group not syncing on intranet

Postby asif4004 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:26 am

I am newly using this app and it have a very very good features. I am facing a major problem with me.

Actually All Notes & Tasks are syncing throughout the intranet (5 computers) but Contact group name not Syncing. Some time on the main computer (where master program installed) lost all contact and and the other system of the intranet showing the contact and its contact group very well.

I have to take backup from that computer of Contacts and then import the same in main system. But all clients name showing properly after restore backup but all showing in "Default" group and not in contact group (which we have made) on the main system.

When contacts group showing on the other system then how its not showing on the main system because other systems only syncing data from main system.

Sorry if i got you confused but i hope i am able to address the problem.
asif4004

Re: Contact & Contact group not syncing on intranet

Postby VueSoft » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:51 pm

Hi asif4004, if I understand the problem, you're seeing the contacts on all computers, but the contact group is "Default" instead of the correct group name on your main computer.

Please make sure you're running with the latest version (currently 2017.01) on all computers. You can update by clicking the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.

If updating doesn't fix the problem, then please try these steps:
1. Click the "Tools -> Contact Groups" menu command.
2. Click the "Add" button to add the group that your contacts should be assigned to, if it's not already listed.
3. Select the desired group from the "Default group" drop-down.
4. Delete the "Default" group. Your contacts will be assigned to the desired group and any subsequent contact syncing should work.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Postby asif4004 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:59 pm

Sorry i didn't explain you my exact problem.

All of my system have 2017.01 version (total 5 system)

I have Computer1 (main system where the program data installed)

Five another system like (Computer 2, 3,4,5). Contact group i made like (Asif = 15 contact, Ron= 10 contact, Samuel= 15, Imam= 10 contacts)

On the main system (Computer 1) sometimes contact showing total 50, on the next day its showing 10, and on another day its showing 15 contacts total and the group of these contacts are "Default" (not showing contact group which i have made).

Why the total number of contact fluctuating on the main system only (Computer 1) where on the other systems like (computer 2,3,4,5) contact are showing exact 50 and in the proper contact group. So why only in one system (computer 1, which is also main system from which all other computers syncing data.) showing number of contact different each time.
asif4004

Postby asif4004 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:54 am

VueSoft wrote:Hi asif4004, if I understand the problem, you're seeing the contacts on all computers, but the contact group is "Default" instead of the correct group name on your main computer.

Please make sure you're running with the latest version (currently 2017.01) on all computers. You can update by clicking the "Help -> Check for Updates" menu command.

If updating doesn't fix the problem, then please try these steps:
1. Click the "Tools -> Contact Groups" menu command.
2. Click the "Add" button to add the group that your contacts should be assigned to, if it's not already listed.
3. Select the desired group from the "Default group" drop-down.
4. Delete the "Default" group. Your contacts will be assigned to the desired group and any subsequent contact syncing should work.

I hope that helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Sorry i didn't explain you my exact problem.

All of my system have 2017.01 version (total 5 system)

I have Computer1 (main system where the program data installed)

Five another system like (Computer 2, 3,4,5). Contact group i made like (Asif = 15 contact, Ron= 10 contact, Samuel= 15, Imam= 10 contacts)

On the main system (Computer 1) sometimes contact showing total 50, on the next day its showing 10, and on another day its showing 15 contacts total and the group of these contacts are "Default" (not showing contact group which i have made).

Why the total number of contact fluctuating on the main system only (Computer 1) where on the other systems like (computer 2,3,4,5) contact are showing exact 50 and in the proper contact group. So why only in one system (computer 1, which is also main system from which all other computers syncing data.) showing number of contact different each time.
asif4004

Postby VueSoft » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi asif4004, thanks for clarifying. I'm not sure why you're seeing a fluctuating number of contacts on each machine. That's definitely not the expected behavior. I haven't been able to replicate the problem yet, but I'll investigate further.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Return to Technical Support