ALTER USER statement?

Need help with VueMinder Pro or Ultimate? Ask your questions here.

ALTER USER statement?

Postby MDRiggs » Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:20 pm

I noticed that my Vueminder seems to have stopped syncing with my wife's Vueminder (which is the server). So I went to Options, Sharing, and hit Test Connection. This gave me the following error message: "A problem occurred while attempting to connect to the server: You must reset your password using ALTER USER statement before executing this statement." How do I do this, and why must I reset my password?

Thanks.
MDRiggs

Re: ALTER USER statement?

Postby VueSoft » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:14 pm

Hi MDRiggs, I believe the error you’re seeing is due to a security policy in MySQL Server which causes passwords to expire after a certain amount of time. You can reset the user passwords by running MySQL Workbench on the computer where the server was installed. Password are specified on the “Users and Privileges” page. Make sure to click the “Apply” button after updating the password for each user. Also, in each VueMinder installation, enter the updated password.

To prevent passwords from expiring, click the "Server -> Options File" menu command in MySQL Workbench. Uncheck the the "default_password_lifetime" box to prevent passwords from expiring after N days.
Dan Chartrand, Founder
VueSoft LLC | St. Louis, Missouri, USA
Better Software. Better Living.
VueSoft
Dan Chartrand

Re: ALTER USER statement?

Postby MDRiggs » Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Thanks. Seems to have done the trick. The default_password_lifetime box was already unchecked, however, so I don't know what happened.
MDRiggs

Return to Technical Support