Have some basic questions about VueMinder or how to get started? These are the most common questions we receive. If your question isn't answered here, please contact us. We'll be happy to help.
Why use VueMinder?
You have probably heard the phrase "time is money". That's close to the truth, but misses one very important distinction: With skill, determination, and a little bit of luck, anyone can make more money. But can you make more time?
Highly successful people have the same number of hours in the day as everyone else. How do they do it? What are they doing that makes them so successful? Their secret is in effective time management and organization. This is something anyone can do, and do even more easily with the right tool.
VueMinder is an extremely flexible, powerful, and easy-to-use tool that can help you more effectively manage your time, and thus become more successful in both your personal and professional life.
What makes VueMinder better than other calendar programs?
There are many calendar programs available to help you organize your schedule, but VueMinder provides some innovative features that aren't available anywhere else:
- VueMinder helps you visualize your schedule using day, week, month, year, and timeline views, as well as a filterable list of events and tasks. This list can also be exported to Microsoft Excel.
- VueMinder provides a transparent calendar right on your Windows desktop.
- VueMinder provides many flexible reminder options. You're not always tied to your computer, so when you're on the go, reminders can be sent via SMS to your cell phone or by email.
- VueMinder provides reminders that can also be displayed on your desktop, but unlike traditional reminders, these can also contain pictures, video, music, or web content. They can even fade into view and automatically snooze.
- VueMinder provides a list of recently displayed, processed, or snoozed reminders. Have you ever accidentally snoozed a reminder, and then wondered what it was that you snoozed, or how to re-enable the reminder? VueMinder makes it easy to do this.
- VueMinder supports calendar sharing and synchronization with calendars on the web or local network. Unlike many calendar programs, a single shared calendar can be both viewed and modified by multiple people or on multiple computers.
These are just a few of the many unique features you'll find in VueMinder.
Does VueMinder automatically start when Windows starts?
Yes, VueMinder will run whenever Windows is started. If you want to disable this feature, simply uncheck the "Run when Windows starts" box in the Program Options, accessed via the Options menu.
How can I tell if VueMinder is running?
VueMinder will run in the background, using minimal system resources. CPU usage will usually be at 0%. To see if VueMinder is running or to access the main window, click the VueMinder icon in the task
tray. When the VueMinder window is closed or minimized, it will return to running in the background. As soon as a reminder comes due, a popup reminder window or desktop alert will be displayed. To completely exit VueMinder,
right click the VueMinder icon in the task tray and select the "Exit" option.
Can you give me an overview of how the main VueMinder window works?
Some "free" online calendars don't seem to take my privacy very seriously. Is VueMinder any different?
safe from the prying eyes of advertisers, NSA Prism, and seemingly benevolent mega-companies that provide free online calendars whose names rhyme with snoogle.
Of course, you can sync your data with online calendars and then it's fair game, but this only happens if specifically enabled by the user. By default, all data will be private.
Why is the documentation online? How do I get offline help?
By placing the help documentation online, we're able to make additions or clarifications to the documentation without requiring new versions of VueMinder be released. This also significantly reduces the time required to download VueMinder and program updates.
If you're connected to the internet, you can click the Help button or press the F1 key to access the online help. The documentation corresponding with the current window will be displayed.
What can I do to make VueMinder run faster?
VueMinder, with it's many user interface features and appearance settings, is designed to run best on newer computers. It will also run on older computers, but you may find it's slow at times.
If you see a noticeable delay when attempting to open an event, your computer might be running low on available RAM. To improve performance, try closing any other open applications you're not using, or better yet, install more RAM.
There are also some other things you can do to improve VueMinder's performance.
- Try to avoid defining many daily recurring events that have no end dates.
- If you have occurrence numbering enabled on many recurring events, especially those that occur daily, disable occurrence numbering by opening the series and unchecking the box on the Recurrence tab.
- In the Calendar Options, reduce the number of days used for upcoming events in the Desktop Calendar.
- In the Event, Task, and Note Lists, change the date range to something small, like "The next 7 days".
- If none of the above suggestions help and the program seems abnormally slow, there could be an installation
problem. To fix it, uninstall VueMinder using the Windows Control Panel (this won't remove any data). Next, download and reinstall the latest version.
What are the differences between Lite, Pro, and Ultimate?
A more detailed feature comparison is available, but if you want a quick summary, see below:
- VueMinder Lite is free and licensed for non-commercial use only. It provides all the standard features you'd expect in a calendar program, including iCalendar (ics) import/export, multiple calendars, printing, and more.
- VueMinder Pro is licensed for both commercial and personal use. It expands on the features provided by the Lite version, enabling you to define tasks, share calendars over the web or local network, import and export to Excel, sync with Outlook and Google Calendar, send SMS and email reminders, customize the interface using themes, link contacts with events/tasks, and much more.
- VueMinder Ultimate expands on the features provided in the Pro version, enabling you to sync with Microsoft Exchange, define custom data fields, and share notes, tasks, and contacts over your local network.